We maintain & build Ruby on Rails apps.
For project owners
We upgrade and maintain Ruby on Rails apps.
- Do You have an app that needs some love and a few bugfixes?
- Did Your old Rails guy just move to the Seychelles Islands and doesn’t answer?
- Does the site need refactoring?
- Would You like to move Your app to Heroku or to another hosting provider?
- Did a few APIs change and You have to upgrade the code now?
We are Rails guys. Contact us to solve those problems!
Everyone has old projects. Does the support breaks Your day into tiny fragments? Do You feel tired to hotfix the new issues? We would love to help!
- We have done upgrades. Many.
- We know the Ruby on Rails ecosystem very well.
- We are looking for small, medium sized projects to support them.
We love to talk with customers. It is a perfect match, isn’t it?
Team of App Maintainers
I am a Rails developer, living and working in Budapest, Hungary. I love Rails, Github and Heroku.
I have been working on web related projects for nearly ten years. I was one of the first Hungarian who bought the famous Agile Web Development with Rails book back in 2006. Now, I have five years of experience working with Rails. I did frontend and backend works too. I love the full stack. Another aspect is sharing. I teach beginner and intermediate classes of Rails at the Peter Pazmany University (at the Faculty of Information Technology part of course)
- 10 years web development and 5 years Ruby on Rails experience.
- I’ve seen many setups, many apps and I solved countless bugs in big Rails apps.
- I love the test driven and the behavior driven development and I know when to use them.
With software developer influence and engineering background I have had small development projects (from specification through development up to education) for 10+ years. I decided to learn Ruby in 2010, and I became a Ruby on Rails fan. I love how RoR and the surrounding ecosystem helps us, developers, to reach fast results with beautiful and clean codes.
I also like teaching. I was an instructor for software and DB technologies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Óbuda University.
Having solid experience in company management and leadership I am capable of understanding IT problems of business focused clients. Finding the right solutions and helping clients to use their software infrastructure effectively are my most important motivators.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 10+ years of DB and SQL experience
- 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Business problems solutions with small applications helping people to be more efficient
- 5+ years of company and project management experience
“Bence is a problem solver. He can easily get the full picture and track down the bug till the roots. Working with Bence gives me a strong feeling that everything is great and every problem can be solved.”
As a former PhD student in Mechanical Engineering I used to work with C++, Matlab and Mathematica. I started Ruby on Rails in 2012. I love how Rails enables you to create something elegant and useful in a few days.
I used to teach, that helped me to pay attention to the details and more importantly to the people I am actually working with.
- 1 year of Ruby on Rails experience
- PhD style problem solving skills
- C++ and modelling tools form university projects
I started to program professionally nearly a decade ago.
I’m a full-stack web developer with an extensive background in Ruby and the well-known Ruby on Rails framework.
It was a love at first sight when I first encountered these technologies at a Hungarian Web Conference in 2005. I've worked on several commercial and research projects since that time, using them daily and exploiting the advantages of these powerful tools.
I have a can-do attitude and very good problem solving skills.
I'm a new technology enthusiast and always willing to learn or experiment with something new.
In the past year I also did some Android programming.
- 1 year Android programming experience
I started to run my freelance web development business during the university years. I did a lot of fronted jobs and used content management systems for backend.
2 years ago my former classmate Attila invited me to his Ruby on Rails class. Since then I knew that I wanted to know more about this and even more work with it. After that semester I got involved in major projects with Drupal and Magento, but in my spare time I was playing around with Rails. Eventually I made the "jump" and turned to work with RoR.
I really like the client-side and today's mobile & responsive design approaches.
- 5 years of front-end web development experience
- 3 years of development experience with CMS systems (e.g.: Drupal, Magento)
Technologies we've used and we can support
- framework: Ruby on Rails: prior 1.0 to latest
- database: Postgresql, Mysql, Sqlite
- os: Ubuntu Linux, Mac OSX, Windows
- Devise, OmniAuth, ActiveAdmin, RailsAdmin, SimpleForm, Formtastic, Hpricot, Faye, WillPaginate
- Rspec, Cucumber, Capybara, Shoulda, FactoryGirl
- Rack, Thin, Unicorn, Capistrano, Vagrant
- Facebooker, Gibbon, Twitter, AWS-S3, Fog, Flickraw, Koala, Linkedin, YoutubeIt, Rockstar
- assets: jQuery, Bootstrap, Backbone.js, YUI, Prototype.js, Script.aculo.us
- hosting providers: custom servers, Linude, Amazon Web Services EC2, Heroku
This is not a full list. Ask if something is missing from here!
Technology stack we prefer
- framework: latest Ruby on Rails
- rubygems: Devise, Paperclip, RailsAdmin, Simpleform
- assets: jQuery, Bootstrap
- hosting provider: Heroku
- asset store: AWS S3
- CDN: AWS CloudFront
- monitoring: New Relic
App Maintainers on LinkedIn